Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Steel Places in Spaces




This would actually be a series of pieces, probably at least 5.  I want to create spaces and boundaries with steel piping in pre existing natural environments. These spaces can be large involving several trees, or even a self contained space using just one tree. I plan on creating these places in public and private spaces. The hardest part for me will be finding and then gaining access to these spaces. These pieces would hopefully stay in place, and photographs of them is what would be displayed. 

I would like to actually complete a few of these pieces over the summer. 

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea. Did you do the drawing? I think one thing to think about is that the documentation of the pieces, i.e the photos, are more of a record of the pieces. I think for these, being in the presence of the piece is really important because you are containing/bordering a space. Fantastic idea, definitely one for the books. You could do small maquettes of them with some branches and rod?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I did the drawing on the computer. I need to find spaces where I can install one of these pieces where people can experience them. But I don't want to ask for permission that takes to long. next step maquettes!

    ReplyDelete